Sunday, January 6, 2013

What makes your heart flutter?

Source: The SoHo
Something I learned this past year is that sometimes the "small" moments in life are the most meaningful.  I have decided I need to start — just start — blogging again. I launched my blog back in…I can't even remember when…but it really never got out of first gear.  So…I resolve to make 2013 more consistent in my blog, and more of a journey of discovery for me (and by extension, you).

2012 was filled with joy and sorrow, and while I love to share my passion for decorating, I also  feel it is so important to talk about what's in my heart.  So, this post is the first step on that  journey. I have lots of adventures planned for my family this year, and I invite you to come along. It will be fun and, like all matters of the heart, sometimes messy, but still so worth it.

While my hubby and I are working diligently to grow our Glitterfarm business, I'm also discovering the artist inside me, and taking steps to draw her out. This past year I have taken some online art classes, experimenting and learning mostly what my heart and soul have to say.

It's a work in progress, and now that Christmas is over, the artist and mother in me is in planning mode. I'm already thinking about Valentine's day and my craft show calendar. Nothing is in stone yet, but I have a few ideas.

Will you join me?

6 comments:

  1. I will.... I am excited because you inspire me and you and www.daytodaydreams.com are my favourites to follow here and on Facebook. Thank you your adding sparkle to my life :)

    Suzy from Ontario Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Suzy! I'm inspired by how many wonderful women like you join me on this crazy journey everyday. Sharing yourself (and growing a business) is so exciting and so scary at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have drifted away from my art off and on thru the years and it's funny how I always felt out of sorts and disconnected and once I got back into the studio and created what was in my heart I realized why I had felt the disconnect...my art had been missing...always go with the art even if its only snippets at a time as it helps to ground us and make us feel alive, gives us a voice for our creative side that many times in day to day living gets snuffed out...live, breathe, create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouragement. Day in and day out can be a challenge and spending a little time getting my fingers dirty with paint is all I need to feel everything is right in my world again.

      Delete
  4. Let your artist heart sing! I got to be a stay at home mom but didn't allow myself that freedom at the same time. I think my marriage and my mothering would have been benefited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Karen. I really didn't start searching for my artistic side until I turned 40. I've always loved decorating and that sort of thing but paint and mod podge and art classes is all new to me. It keeps me from going crazy.

      Delete