Sunday, January 13, 2013

Running a home and a business without running

Source: styleblueprint.com
Running an online business and a home, while keeping four kids fed (and clean) is a lot! I know many of you are doing the same. 

This is the time of year when everyone talks about goals, and I'm no different. I know I'm not alone in needing -- but generally hating -- the planning session, so we try to make it fun.

Since Mr. Glitterfarm comes from the corporate world, he calls our meetings  "off sites," which looks like this:

  • Meet at a coffee shop (The dining room table is (a) boring, and (b) often sticky courtesy of my 4-year-old or my craft projects).
  • Lots of papers, a clipboard or two, and a laptop/iPad.
  • Coffee and muffins
We try to have these offsites four times a year to talk about our business, our family, and our marriage.

When we walk out, we have a penciled road map and know at least the direction we want to go. I find this so helpful and freeing. I really like a road map. It makes me feel more at peace knowing where we are going. And getting there from a coffee shop is a lot nicer than from my crazy home.


What are your strategies for moving forward on goals? Any tools you recommend to stay sane and stay focused? Let me know in the comments.

xoxo Jenny


P.S. Sally Loo's is the coffee shop of choice here in San Luis Obispo for our offsites. If you're ever in town, stop by for a treat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment